Every responsible adult can benefit from estate planning. Wills, trusts, health care directives and powers of attorney protect you and the people you love. Make estate planning a part of your roadmap to your financial goals. Our estate planning attorneys are delighted guide you in making sound decisions.
- Your will: Family changes and moving to another state usually require changes to your will. Changing your will every time your financial situation changes significantly is a smart move. Our attorneys will also review your existing will to make sure it can withstand a challenge.
- Trusts: Determine which type of trust best meets your needs. Is it a special needs trust, a testamentary trust, a revocable living trust, an irrevocable living trust or a charitable trust?
- Powers of attorney and health care directives: Who would handle your affairs or make medical decisions for you if you became incapacitated?
- Probate: Do you need guidance in fulfilling your duties as the executor of an estate following the death of a family member?
GSJones Law Group, P.S. has three attorneys experienced in estate planning law.
- advise you of your rights;
- help ensure that assets are transferred according to your wishes after death;
- help prevent or respond to probate litigation;
- assist out-of-town family members when a loved one dies in Washington, leaving estate matters to be resolved.
They are happy to advise you in special cases, such as:
- Small probate cases, perhaps involving only a car or other limited amounts of property
- Intestate succession: a case of someone dying without a will
- Estate matters for individuals dying without children or identifiable next of kin (perhaps your neighbor or friend)