COVID-19 UPDATE: $525,000 available for Kitsap housing assistance
- posted: Jul. 29, 2020
Kitsap County Resources will deliver the housing assistance fund providing temporary rental and mortgage assistance to low-income Kitsap residents. Named the CARES Act COVID-19 Rental and Mortgage Assistance Program, it provides no more than three months relief for 400 families. Kitsap County established the following guidelines.
- Below 80% Area Median Income (click here for details)
- Not receiving any other form of federal, state or local housing subsidy
- Resident and dwelling must be located within Kitsap County
- To be eligible for this program you must show job loss or reduction of income due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Have a current lease agreement or mortgage statement in the applicant’s name
- CARES funds may only be utilized for payments due after March 23, 2020
Preference will be given to applicants who have not received previous rental or mortgage assistance since March 1, 2020.
If you meet these criteria, call (360) 473-2035 for an appointment.