20 years fighting for the rights of the injured and representing spouses and children
John Groseclose has represented clients like you for 18 years as a litigator. As a litigator, he has successfully obtained settlements and verdicts in many family law and personal injury cases. In addition, he has extensive experience in the courtroom. As a family law attorney, he assists people in divorce, parenting plans, and child support. These include both straightforward and very complex cases, both amicable or hotly contested. As a guardian ad litem, he represents the interests of minors and has been appointed in that capacity by the courts. He also trains other attorneys in Continuing Legal Education classes through the bar association.
John Groseclose: broad legal knowledge, successful results
John represents the injured party in civil litigation. The most common types of cases involve motor vehicle accidents and slip/trip and fall cases but motorcycle accidents may present among the most challenging cases for an attorney. John has the experience to overcome the impediments presented. John says, “If you are injured, you are almost always going to come out of the situation better with the help of an attorney. Attorneys usually make little decisions over a period of time that has a big cumulative effect.” He is an EAGLE member of the Washington State Association for Justice, an organization that connects lawyers who focus on holding powerful wrongdoers accountable. Through this organization, John Groseclose has resources and a network of other attorneys around the state who support one another in achieving justice for you and others in the courtroom.
John’s strength lies in his ability to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of a case and plan accordingly. As a result, his broad knowledge of the law and years of experience mean he regularly achieves successful results for his clients.
John received his history degree from UW in 1984, and his Juris Doctor from Seattle University in 1998.
John welcomes clients who prefer Tagalog or Pompango
Paralegal Jean Kaio is fluent in both Tagalog and Pompango. She is happy to translate to ensure that your communications with John Groseclose are accurate. Please let us know when you make your appointment so that she can be available.
- Washington, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2002
- Seattle University of Law, Tacoma, Washington
J.D. – 1998
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA
B.A. – 1988
Legal Appointments and Volunteer Service
- Kitsap County Superior Court, Settlement Guardian ad Litem, 2014 – present
- Mason County Superior Court, Title 26 Guardian ad Litem, 2013 – present
- Kitsap County Title 26 Registry, Mandatory Arbitration Arbitrator, 2008 – 2015
- Kitsap County Title 26 Registry, Guardian ad Litem, 2006-2015
- Equal Justice for All, KLS, President, 2014-present
- Kitsap Legal Services, Volunteer Attorney, 2013 – present
- Housing Justice Project, KLS, Volunteer Attorney, 2013 – present
- Equal Justice for All, KLS, Board Member, 2011 – present
- Certificate of Commendation, Kitsap Legal Services, 2013
- Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Rundle & Groseclose, PLLC, Partner, 2002
- Greene & Lloyd, PLLC, Associate, 2000 – 2002
- Guardian ad Litem Training, 2017
- Guardian ad Litem Training, 2016
- Landlord Tenant CLS, 2015
- Guardian ad Litem Training, Kitsap County, 2015
- Guardian ad Litem Training, How To Avoid a GAL Grievance, 2009
- CLE, Evictions – Unlawful Detainer, 2008
- Settlement Guardian ad Litem, GSJones Law Group, PS, 2014-present
- Partner, GSJones Law Group, PS, 2004-present
- Associate, Henderson, Jones & Short, 2002-2004
- Partner, Rundle and Groseclose, PLLC, 2001
Family law, personal injury and probate appointments are available at our Port Orchard office.