Port Orchard Personal Injury Attorneys Seek Justice for Victims
Aggressive Washington lawyers pursue full compensation for plaintiffs
The moments, days and weeks after you suffer an injury present many different challenges. In addition to the physical damage and pain, you might also be dealing with significant emotional distress and financial pressure. At GSJones Law Group, P.S. in Port Orchard and Bainbridge Island, we are proven Washington personal injury attorneys who work to obtain compensation for those who have been injured by someone else’s actions or inaction. You need to concentrate on recovery right now. While you heal, let one of our personal injury attorneys focus on getting justice for you. We’d love to sit down with you to talk over your situation and discuss next steps. If you are not well enough to come to our offices, we are happy to visit you.
Accomplished firm assists people harmed by car accidents, falls and medical malpractice
Once you get the care you need, you might find that the lawyer or insurance company for the party responsible for your injury offers you a quick settlement. This might seem appealing given your condition and the cost of medical bills, but taking the time to learn about your options and the potential value of a claim might make a major difference in the payment you eventually receive. Our lawyers know the system, the opposing lawyers and the judges. As a result, we have worked with clients in all types of cases, such as those relating to:
- Vehicle accidents — If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident, our firm handles insurance claims and litigation to secure proper reimbursement from at-fault drivers and their carriers. We are well-versed in the particular considerations that affect cases stemming from certain types of collisions, including crashes involving motorcycles, trucks, pedestrians, bicycles, boats and drunk drivers.
- Medical malpractice — Doctors, hospitals and other healthcare advisers have a legal and moral obligation to treat patients in accordance with professional standards. In situations where someone is harmed due to faulty diagnosis or treatment, our firm aggressively seeks to hold the negligent parties accountable through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Slip and fall incidents — Premises liability cases occur when an injury results from a property owner or manager’s failure to take reasonable safety measures. Many of these actions are filed by people who are injured when they slip and fall on an unsafe surface, such as a cracked sidewalk or a supermarket floor where liquid has been spilled.
- Defective products — Whether it’s a household appliance, an elevator or something else, a product that does not work as it should could cause a serious injury. You can count on us to take on liable defendants when an error in design, manufacture or labeling triggers a harmful incident.
- Wrongful death — Our firm represents estate representatives and surviving family members in wrongful death litigation against defendants whose negligence or intentional misconduct led to a victim’s death. Damages in these cases include reimbursement for funeral costs and wages that the decedent would have been expected to earn throughout their lifetime.
Don’t be discouraged from seeking legal relief if the other party is alleging that you were partly responsible for your injury. Under Washington’s comparative negligence law, you can collect damages even if you bear some blame for the incident. In these cases, the damage award would be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Assertive advocates press to hold negligent parties accountable
Drawing on our experience, our attorneys can accurately assess what type of recovery you could collect in a verdict or settlement. Should the case go to trial, damages that can be awarded include payment for medical bills, income lost due to the injury and costs associated with rehabilitation. Washington also authorizes compensation for “noneconomic” damages, such as the pain and suffering you endured and any permanent disfigurement.
Seasoned litigators handle matters involving all types of injuries
When warranted, we rely on expert medical evidence to demonstrate the true harm associated with our plaintiff’s injuries. This can be particularly important in traumatic brain injury litigation where symptoms such as dizziness and lack of balance might not be immediately apparent. In these cases, as well as those involving broken bones, back injuries, neck pain, burns and other ailments, our litigators work diligently to present the strongest case possible.
Learn about your rights in a free consultation with a Washington personal injury attorney
Attorney John Groseclose of GSJones Law Group, P.S. advocates on behalf of clients in the Kitsap County area who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence. We have a main office in Port Orchard as well as a Bainbridge Island location. For a free consultation, please call 360-876-9221 or contact us online.