Port Orchard Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help Victims of Traffic Accidents
Washington State attorneys aggressively represent injured bikers against negligent motorists
Motorcycles are a popular form of transportation on roads and highways across the United States, but they leave their riders vulnerable to serious injury whenever they are involved in an accident, especially on highways known for frequent traffic accidents, such as State Routes 3, 16, 160 and 166, in and around Kitsap County, Washington. The seasoned litigators of GSJones Law Group, P.S., with offices in Port Orchard, are ready to provide bikers throughout this area with the aggressive representation they need when they are injured in traffic accidents. We know how to deal with insurance companies and prove fault so that you can obtain the compensation you deserve.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by a number of different problems, including:
- Other vehicles making left hand turns — This often happens because the other driver doesn’t notice the motorcyclist until it is too late or the motorcyclist is speeding through the intersection.
- Head-on collisions — Motorcycles often collide head-on with other vehicles, and even fixed objects, for any number of reasons. For instance, a crash may occur because a driver didn’t see the motorcycle in time, or a motorcycle might veer out of its lane to avoid a car and crash into a fixed object
- Poor road conditions — Troublesome road defects and conditions, such as potholes, uneven pavement, gravel, railroad tracks, ice and water, are far less safe for motorcycles than other vehicles because of the former’s small size and instability.
- Lane splitting — Motorcyclists may take advantage of their vehicle’s narrowness to pass between two rows of stopped or slow cars in adjacent lanes, but this can easily result in another vehicle sideswiping it.
- Speeding and drunk driving — Whether the motorcyclist or another driver engages in these risky behaviors, they often contribute to accidents.
Whatever led to your accident, our firm is ready to pursue justice on your behalf.
You can collect compensation even if you were partly at fault for the accident
Some of these causes might be the fault of the motorcyclist. However, even if you are the one mostly at fault for an accident, we might still be able to win or settle your case by proving that another party was at least partly at fault, although the damages you would otherwise be entitled to will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributable to you.
What types of injuries can you suffer in a motorcycle accident?
Motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic. Some of the most the common injuries you can suffer if you are involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Nerve damage
- Paralysis of your legs and arms
- Broken bones
- Muscle strains and sprains
We understand what a devastating impact these personal injuries can have on your life and seek as high a settlement amount as we can in negotiations with insurance companies. If we can’t settle your case at the bargaining table, we work to maximize your damages at trial.
Contact a dedicated motorcycle accident lawyer to discuss your case.
GSJones Law Group, P.S. represents Washington motorcycle accident victims in litigation and insurance matters. Please call 360-876-9221 or contact us online to arrange a consultation with an experienced attorney.