Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Washington
Port Orchard attorneys represent victims of serious injuries throughout Kitsap County
Catastrophic injuries inflict long-term or permanent harm on a victim. If you or someone you love suffered a devastating injury because of someone else’s negligence, you need an attorney who has a successful track record handling complex claims. GSJones Law Group, P.S. in Port Orchard has secured substantial verdicts and settlements for catastrophic injury plaintiffs in Kitsap County and other Washington locations. We offer effective, compassionate counsel as we work to achieve a measure of justice for victims.
Common types of catastrophic injuries
Various types of accident-related medical conditions qualify as catastrophic if the harm is severe enough, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries, including those resulting in partial or total paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Damage to internal organs
- Loss of function, such as blindness and deafness
No matter what type of debilitating injury you’ve suffered, you can rely on us to zealously pursue the compensation you deserve from the liable parties.
Causes of catastrophic injuries
Some of the most common causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Auto accidents — Many of the most severe injury claims stem from auto accidents. Even with modern safety measures such as air bags, the tremendous force of a car or truck crash could change a victim’s life forever. Motorcycle riders, bicyclists and pedestrians who are struck by cars face an increased risk of a debilitating injury.
- Unsafe premises — A fall on a slippery floor or cracked pavement could require extensive recuperation, particularly if your head or back makes contact with the ground. We handle premises liability claims for people severely hurt on someone else’s property.
- Workplace accidents — If you’ve been seriously injured on the job due to defective equipment, a vehicle collision or some other cause, we can advise you on whether or not you can file a third-party personal injury claim to recover damages not available under workers’ compensation.
Regardless of what led to your catastrophic injury, our firm assembles the necessary factual, medical and expert evidence as we strive to maximize your financial recovery.
Legal considerations facing victims of severe accidents
Given the high potential value of catastrophic injury claims, defendants and insurance companies often fight these cases tenaciously. Though the state has a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases, proving liability can be a complex process, so you should hire a qualified attorney as promptly as possible. We can get right to work gathering evidence to prove liability and the extensive damages resulting from a defendant’s negligence. By developing a strong case quickly, we often are able to secure substantial settlements so clients do not have to go through a trial.
Types of compensation available to victims
In the most serious injury cases, patients require months or even years of medical care. Sometimes, victims never fully recover from an accident’s effects. This means that damages for medical expenses and rehabilitation costs could be astronomical. Moreover, if you suffer a catastrophic injury, you might require in-home assistance, multiple surgeries, residential care or modifications to your home to accommodate your physical limitations. Noneconomic damages are also substantial in a catastrophic case. The pain and suffering stemming from a severe accident might last years, and the burden of an amputated limb, permanent disfigurement or loss of function can drastically reduce your ability to enjoy life. With so much at stake, you need an experienced injury attorney to guide you through the legal process and provide knowledgeable advice given the current and future effects of your injury. Our firm negotiates with insurance companies and advocates in court with a focus on achieving a resolution that meets clients’ long-term needs.
Contact a Kitsap County attorney for a free consultation about a catastrophic injury claim
GSJones Law Group, P.S. in Port Orchard represents Washington residents who have suffered catastrophic injuries in accidents caused by someone else’s negligence. For a free consultation, please call 360-876-9221 or contact us online.