Port Orchard Elder Law Attorneys Offer a Range of Legal Services to Assist Seniors and Their Families

Established Washington firm provides knowledgeable guidance

The aging process can trigger a wide range of legal concerns. Frequently, seniors and their families are hesitant to tackle these decisions.  However, by consulting with a qualified elder law attorney in a timely manner and, you can maintain a sense of control and prepare for what lies ahead. Port Orchard’s GSJones Law Group, P.S. provides Washington State seniors and their families with knowledgeable, personalized counsel. We are the second-largest law firm in Kitsap County, and our team of attorneys draws on 150 years of combined experience to meet your elder law needs. Firm partners John Groseclose and Norman Short lead the practice area that focuses on financial law and associate attorney Megan Quirk focuses exclusively on elder law matters. These  include  estate planning, wills, trusts,  healthcare funding and guardianships. 

Estate planning

Whether you’re in your retirement years or are wisely making plans for the future, one of our estate planning lawyers can help you create enforceable legal instruments to help achieve your goals. Through wills, trusts and advance medical directives, we can help you make sure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes while minimizing the possibility of a dispute amongst your loved ones. 

Medicaid and long-term care funding concerns

Medicaid is the country’s single largest financial resource for nursing home costs, but ensuring that you or your parent will qualify might take some planning. We can examine your circumstances and advise if a trust or some other option would be useful. As nursing home care costs can easily run past $100,000 annually, it is important that you have a strategy in place. With the right counsel, you can set up a program that might include government benefits as well as private long-term care insurance. This way, you can be confident that your family will remain financially stable no matter what lies ahead.  


An elderly individual who can no longer effectively handle the challenges of daily life due to age-related problems might benefit greatly from a guardianship. In these legal proceedings, a family member or friend petitions the court to obtain legal responsibility for someone who requires help. Our firm assists trustworthy people who seek to become guardians so that they can protect a senior in their life and take an active role in seeing that their personal and financial needs are met. 

Nursing home and caregiver abuse

Seniors who reside in a nursing home or have someone assist them within their own residence are vulnerable to various types of abuse. Elderly Americans have been victimized by financial misappropriation, medical problems linked to neglect and even physical harm. If you suspect that an older person you love is being mistreated, acting quickly can help start the legal process and stop the abuse. Our attorneys will investigate what happened and pursue compensation from the liable facilities and individuals. 

Contact Our Kitsap County elder law attorneys to plan for your future

GSJones Law Group, P.S. in Port Orchard provides knowledgeable, personalized counsel to Washington State clients on various elder law concerns. Please call 360-876-9221 or contact us online to arrange a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.