Our Civil Litigation attorneys can represent either side in lawsuits

GSJones Law Group, P.S., is a general practice law firm. Our six attorneys with 150 years of experience are prepared to handle a wide range of legal issues. John Groseclose focuses on representing plaintiffs. Our business and tax attorney, Norman Short, represents either party in business-related matters such as contracts, real estate disputes and sales. Douglas Somers has represented both plaintiffs and defendants for nearly 50 years.

  • Real estate disputes
  • Purchase/sale-related litigation
  • Easements, boundary disputes, adverse possession
  • Landlord-tenant law (representing both landlords and tenants)
  • Commercial leases
  • Residential leases
  • Contract disputes
  • Employment contract disputes
  • Employment discrimination
  • Commissions and bonuses
  • Contractor claims
  • Liens
  • Partnership disputes and other internal business matters

General information about civil suits

Most plaintiffs sue for compensation for injuries suffered. In other cases, the person suing may ask the court for an injunction. Injunctions usually involve an order to cease an activity, although sometimes an injunction requires an action. 

Consult a civil litigator quickly for the most effective defense

In addition to reimbursement of actual damages, many laws allow punitive damages. As the name suggests, punitive damages punish the defendant for especially bad behavior. Usually, punitive damages are used to discourage behavior that harms the public in general. It can be used to discourage covering up wrongdoing or to make it less likely that a company will calculate that it is cheaper to continue producing a harmful product and paying the damages than to produce a safe product.

Act quickly, if you have been sued. But make sure you have all the information you need before you act. You need a plan to end the case as quickly and as economically as possible. Consult an attorney at once.

Get a solid evaluation of your options, if you need to sue

We are happy to talk with you about any civil matter. If we believe that you don’t have a viable case, we help you understand your options. We will refer you to small claims court if your best option is to handle your own case.

If, however, we believe you have a strong case and that we can help you achieve your goals, we will inform and prepare you to make good decisions as the case moves forward. You may need to decide whether to accept a settlement offer or play hardball. Or, to settle out of court or take a case to trial. When it comes time for you to answer these questions, you will know what you need to know to make the best choice.

Experienced litigators

John Groseclose, personal injury, family law attorney   Norman Short, tax and business law attorney  John Groseclose, partner

  Norman Short, partner

   Douglas Somers

Make an appointment today for an attorney to handle your civil litigation

Call or message us for a consultation with an experienced Kitsap County litigator.

With experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation matters, we can apply our wealth of experience assist you whether you require knowledgeable, vigorous representation as a defendant or plaintiff. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation with a Port Orchard civil litigation attorney regarding your legal concern.

Based in Port Orchard, WA, GSJones Law Group, P.S., represents Kitsap County residents, as well as clients from throughout surrounding counties and communities. Among the communities are Gig Harbor, Bremerton, Silverdale, Seabeck, Belfair, Banner, Olalla, Poulsbo,  Bethel, Navy Yard City, Fernwood, Purdy. Clients also come from Vashon Island, as well as surrounding areas in Mason County, and Jefferson County.