Port Orchard Family Lawyers Seek Lasting Solutions for Clients
Skillful advisers offer comprehensive counsel on domestic legal matters
Whether you are going through a divorce, are engaged in a child custody dispute or have some other concern relating to domestic issues, GSJones Law Group, P.S. is a full-service family law firm that is ready to listen to you carefully. Located in Port Orchard and Bainbridge Island, we serve Washington clients with the highest levels of skill and professionalism. Our legal guidance is always tailored to each client’s needs and desires. In addition to long-term issues, we also have the experience and depth to handle emergency motions and even the most complex cases with ease. Although there are several excellent family law attorneys on Kitsap Peninsula, our team gives clients an edge no matter what their specific objective might be.
Dedicated advocates guide spouses through the Washington divorce process
You don’t have to worry if you have an emergency during your own lawyer’s vacation. One of our partners is also available by mobile after hours for urgent custody matters. For every aspect of your divorce, we’ll give you the information and support you need regarding:
- Filing — Washington is a no-fault divorce state, so the filing party does not need to allege that their spouse committed marital misconduct, just that the union is irretrievably broken.
- Child custody — When handling child custody arrangements, we look to create clear and fair parenting plans that establish a positive atmosphere for children and parents. Our lawyers advise on the best way to allocate decision-making authority and time in each parent’s home. In complex situations pertaining to relocation, grandparent visitation and other matters, we have the knowledge and background to outline the relevant legal standards.
- Property division — Under Washington’s community property standard, both spouses share ownership of most assets accumulated while the couple was married. Our firm negotiates for appropriate property division terms and argues on behalf clients in court if warranted by the circumstances.
- Alimony — Known under state law as spousal maintenance, alimony can be awarded to someone who relied on their spouse for financial support during their marriage. Usually, the duration of the payment period is based on how long the couple was wed.
For a basic understanding of the process of divorce in Washington State, check out our Divorce FAQ. Knowledge is your best insurance for making good decisions.
Thorough attorneys assist with all types of child support issues
Parents of minor children who live apart are both responsible for the welfare of their child, regardless of where the youth resides. In most cases, Washington child support payments are determined based on a variety of factors including each parent’s income, health insurance costs, child care expenses and the number of children who live in each home. Disputes can sometimes arise if one party believes that the other is not providing accurate information or that their co-parent is intentionally earning less than they could be in order to lower their obligation. Our firm assists parents in a wide array of child support matters, including modifications when a substantial change in income affects the fairness of a previously entered order and enforcement actions if a parent fails to make full, timely payments. Methods for compelling compliance with a child support order include the diversion of wages and the suspension of professional licenses.
Established firm helps to prepare sound prenuptial agreements
Washington has detailed requirements for prospective spouses who want to guard against an unfair alimony decision should the marriage end in divorce. Without effective legal guidance from an attorney familiar with the state’s requirements, a prenup might not be enforceable when the time comes. Our firm fosters honest communication between both parties and makes sure that all of the necessary information is included in the agreement.
Experienced family law attorneys assist with adoption and other concerns
Firm attorneys David Jones, John Groseclose and Larry Lofgren form the core of our family law team, which also advises Washington residents on:
- Military divorce
- Protection orders
- Restraining orders
- Non-parental custody
- Property division in divorce
- QDROs determining division of retirement accounts
- Non-traditional dissolution of domestic partnerships
- Cohabitation agreements
- Family law appeals
As a backup, we have a fourth attorney with extensive family law experience who also focuses on other legal practice areas.
Contact a knowledgeable Kitsap County family law attorney to discuss your issue
GSJones Law Group, P.S. assists Washington clients in all types of family law matters. For a consultation, please call 360-876-9221 or contact us online. We serve clients from our main office in Port Orchard and our second location on Bainbridge Island.